What is cookies and why are they used?
When you visit our website, cookies are placed to recognise your computer or browsing device. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device, and re-discovered upon further visits to the website. Cookies provide information about your activity on the websites you visit, and makes it easier for you to use our online services. These cookies are not able to identify who you are or what your name is. They can not spread viruses or other harmful software.
Cookies have several useful purposes for visitors to our website, such as the following:
- Cookies enable your computer or browsing device to remember login-information upon repeated visits to the online ticket page, so that you are not required to log in every time unless you chose to do so.
- Cookies provide us with information about what time you visit our website, how long you stay, which pages you visit, where you are located, and which browser you use. By analysing this type of information, we are able to customise the pages and provide you with a better experience when browsing the website.
Which types of cookies are used on this website?
Several different types of cookies are used on munchmuseet.no:
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enable the website to remember the choices you have made (i.e.: user name, language or region), in order to provide a more personal user experience.
- Performance cookies: These help us understand how visitors use our webpages. This information is used to create a general outline of how the website is being used, and to customise and adapt the various pages in order to give you a better experience when browsing the website.
The following third-party services place cookies on your computer or device when you visit Munchmuseet.no:
- Google Tag Manager (Google Inc.) makes it possible for The Munch Museum to perform statistical analyses used to create reports to the City of Oslo, with information such as number of visits to the website, time spent on the website, and projected breakdowns of gender and age of visitors.
- YouTube (Youtube Inc.) makes it possible for The Munch Museum to display YouTube videos on the website and view statistics on video performance.
How do I manage settings for cookies on my device?
The following are links to settings for cookies in some of the most common browsers and operating systems:
What is considered personal information?
"Personal information" covers all information that can be used to identify a person. For instance, first- and surname, address, e-mail address or other contact information is considered personal information.
How is my personal information processed?
MUNCH is responsible for processing the information in accordance with current rules and regulations regarding protection of personal information. We wish to provide you with the greatest possible experience when using our services, and here you will find a summary of how we treat your personal information in accordance with the Norwegian law, which encompasses the EU regulation of 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, from here on called "GDPR").
The following is a list of the personal information we process:
- Personal information you provide when creating and updating your user profile, such as name, phone number and e-mail address.
- Personal information you provide when you subscribe to MUNCHs newsletter or invitation to events, such as e-mail address, name and phone number.
- Information you provide when purchasing tickets or other products through our website, such as which tickets you place in the online shopping cart.
- Information about which pages you visit and general behaviour on the website.
- Information via cookies
Which purpose is my personal information used for?
By providing your personal information, you consent to MUNCH using the information to deliver the service you expect when using our online features.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To create and update your personal user account
- To send invitations and newsletters (if you have selected to receive these e-mails)
- To be able to analyse how you use Munchmuseet.no, and to be able to develop the website
Do you share my personal information?
Where is my personal information stored?
All of your personal information is stored within the EU/EEA, but some of our suppliers have technical support services placed outside of the EU/EEA. If these support services are used, processing of your personal information will be regulated in accordance with the EU/EEA standard agreement regarding information transfer to third party countries or other approved transfer procedures.
How can I manage my personal information?
You can choose to edit your personal information at any time. You can either do this yourself, provided you have a user account in our online ticket system, or you can contact MUNCH for assistance.
- You have a right to request access to your personal information if you wish to review it.
- You have a right to request correction of any personal information that is incorrect.
- You have a right to request deletion of your personal information, provided we are not required by law to keep it stored.
- You have a right to request limitations to the processing of your personal information.
- You will receive a notification from us if we edit or delete your personal information, or if a limitation of the processing of your personal information is implemented.
- You have the opportunity to demand receival of your personal information encompassed in a structured, generally accessible digital format, and to bring your personal information to a different business. This only applies to information you have actively chosen to provide.
- You have a right to notify us if you believe we are not processing your personal information correctly.
Who can access my personal information?
Your personal information is only processed by authorised personell acting in accordance with their occupational position. The professionals this applies to are required to only access or process the data for the specific and legitimate purpose for which they are collected.
How do you protect my personal information?
We store your personal information in our operative data bases. These employ standard security measures to prohibit unauthorised access. We follow general standards to protect personal and sensitive information.
What is the nature of the regulation regarding personal information?
Purchases by credit or debit card:
We cooperate with an authorised payment service to enable purchases by credit or debit card in order to ensure that the card in question is valid. Our payment provider processes the card information correctly in accordance with the international security standard PCI DSS, developed by the card companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. This ensures that your card information is processed in a secured manner. When you make a purchase with a credit or debit card, we reserve the right to perform a security check. Any communication is encrypted, ensuring that nobody can intercept it and collect any information you provide.
The content on this website is copyright protected and belongs to MUNCH.