Membership Terms & Conditions and Privacy Statement
Below are the terms and conditions for membership and privacy statement.
Fee and benefits
Fee: NOK 699. Your membership will start on the day of purchase and will be valid for at least one year. As a member you will enjoy:
- Invitation to the opening of MUNCH for two
- Free entry to all exhibitions for you and a guest
- Invitations to exhibition openings and exclusive member events
- Unlimited entry for two to Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in Copenhagen, and entry for one to KODE Bergen, Sørlandets Kunstmuseum in Kristiansand and Skagen Art Museums in Denmark
- Monthly membership letter
- Discounted tickets for selected events
- 10% discount in the museum shop
Terms and conditions
- Membership fees are non-refundable. Munchmuseet complies with such consumer rights and regulations as are applicable to its operations. See forbrukerradet.no and forbrukertilsynet.no for further information.
- As a member you consent to Munchmuseet sending you emails with updates, special offers, event invitations, competitions, and information relevant to your membership.
- To be a member you must be aged 18 or over and have an email address.
- As a member of MUNCH member you consent to Munchmuseet storing, processing and using information about you as the basis for informing you about customized offers, member-related campaigns and our programme of membership benefits. You can read more about your data protection rights further down on this page.
- Your membership is linked to your email address, which, in addition to your name, functions to identify you.
Munchmuseet AS, is responsible for the membership, and reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions applicable to the membership programme or to terminate the membership programme. Members will be notified of any change to the terms and conditions at least three weeks before the change takes effect.
If a situation occurs that renders it impossible for Munchmuseet to fulfil its obligations in connection with sales of products or services, and which in accordance with the ordinary legal rules applicable to sales of goods would constitute force majeure, the obligations of Munchmuseet will lapse for so long as the extraordinary situation continues.
What is personal data?
The term personal data covers all information that can be used to identify a person. Personal data could include your forename, surname, address, email address and other contact information, for example.
How is my personal data managed?
Pursuant to the currently applicable data protection regulations, Munchmuseet is the data controller. We aim to provide you with the best possible user experience and below you will find an overview of how we manage your personal data in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act (Personopplysningsloven), including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulation).
We manage the following types of personal data:
- Personal data you enter when you create or update your user profile, such as your name, telephone number and email address.
- Personal data you enter when you subscribe to Munchmuseet’s newsletter or events mailing list, such as your name, telephone number and email address.
- Data associated with purchases on our website, such as tickets placed in your online shopping basket.
- Data about what webpages you visit and how you engage generally with our website.
- Information collected via cookies.
How do you use my personal data?
By sharing your personal data you consent to us using your data to supply the services you expect us to provide.
- We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your personal user account
- To send you invitations and newsletters (if you have subscribed to this service)
- To analyze how you engage with munchmuseet.no in order to make continual improvements to our website.
Do you share my personal data?
We share your personal data only with our suppliers in the areas of customer services, analysis/statistics, payment and technical support. These suppliers require your personal data in order to supply services to us within the limits of the processing activities described in this Privacy Statement. We have data processing agreements with the relevant suppliers that establish clear restrictions on how they can use your personal data, in compliance with current data protection regulations.
Where is my personal data stored?
All your personal data is stored within the EU/EEA, but some of our suppliers have technical support services located outside the EU/EEA. When using these support services, any processing of your personal data will be subject to the EU/EEA standard contractual clauses governing transfers of personal data to third countries or to another approved transfer mechanism.
How can I manage my personal data?
You can make changes to your personal data at any time. You can either do this yourself if you have a user profile with our online shop for ticket sales, or by contacting us for assistance.
- If you want access to your personal data, you have the right to request this.
- If you want to have corrections made to your personal data, you have the right to request this.
- If you want to delete your personal data, you have the right to do this so long as we are not under a legal obligation to store your data.
- If you want to place restrictions on the processing of your personal data, you have the right to request this.
- You will receive information from us if we make corrections to or delete your personal data, or if we restrict the processing of your data.
- You have the opportunity to require your personal data to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to take the data with you to another organization. This applies only to information that you have actively provided.
- You have the right to inform us if you believe that we are not processing your personal data correctly.
Who has access to my personal data?
Your personal data is processed only by authorized personnel who have access to your data by virtue of their professional position, and who are subject to a duty to retrieve/use data exclusively for the specific and legitimate purpose for which it was collected.
How long do you store data?
Your personal data will be stored for as long as is necessary to perform the services described in this statement, until you ask us to delete your data, or for so long as the law requires us to retain your data. Thereafter your data will be deleted.
How do you keep my personal data secure?
We store your personal data in our operating environments. These environments employ standard security methods to prevent unauthorized access. We follow commonly recognized standards to protect personal data and sensitive information.
How do the rules about personal data function?
All processing of personal data, such as collection, recording, storage and distribution, is subject to specific rules, including those of the Data Protection Act. Munchmuseet is the data controller, in other words, Munchmuseet is responsible for ensuring that your data is processed lawfully. The Norwegian Data Inspectorate (Datatilsynet) is the body responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection rules in Norway. You have the right to complain to the Norwegian Data Inspectorate about processing performed by the data controller in connection with this Privacy Statement.
When you visit our website, a cookie will be installed on your computuer or mobile device for the purpose of recognizing you when you visit. The cookie will provide us with information about your activity on our website. Cookies facilitate your user experience, for example by enabling your mobile device or computer to remember your log-in information on your next visit. Cookies also send us information about how you engage with our website, enabling us to provide you with more content that is relevant for you.
Credit card purchases
For credit card purchases we use an authorized payment service that contacts your bank directly to assist us in validating your card. Our payment service processes card information in accordance with PCI DSS, which is an international set of standards backed by the card companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. Accordingly your card information is processed in an extremely secure manner. When you make a card purchase, we reserve the right to conduct an identity check. All communications are encrypted, such that no one can intercept the information you provide.
The data controller is Munchmuseet. If you have questions relating to our processing of your personal data, please contact us by email.